Pelican Reunion 2017
“Pelicans Are Pelicans”
The Pelican Reunion Conference is hosted by the Star Island Religious and Educational Conference Center, Isles of Shoals, Gosport Harbor, New Hampshire, USA
“Pel Reunion: Own it, Say it, Live it“
Friday, September 1 or Saturday, September 2 to Monday, September 4, 2017
Rekindle your Pel friendships & make new ones. Enjoy a family bonfire with marshmallows on the rocks, stretch your body in yoga, & with business & life coach; Beth Frede, grow your mind, spirit & goals. Arts & crafts on the porch, Contra dancing & talks on the rocks.
Our PIT (Pelican in Training) Crew Kids will participate in exciting and interesting activities like games on the front lawn, rowing to Smuttynose, and exploring our amazing island. Participate in the “Great Animal Release” from the Marine Lab. Programming runs 9:30-11:00 am & 1:30-3:00 pm. This is a family conference, and children of all ages are welcome!
- Shelley Snodgrass will lead a variety of yoga classes–hopefully we can schedule in Brookfield & the Summer House! Sunrise? Sunset? Either way, a great stretch. I was introduced to Yoga at Star! Bring your own mat if you have one–there are tons in Brookfield as well as some yoga “blocks”–(I don’t know what you do with them). She is also a talented artist & will be hosting a “Porch Art” class & will also be donating to the Auction!
- There will be Contra dancing Saturday night with Dudley Laufman – shared with the Pels and Star Gathering!
- We are pleased that John Lintner will be hosting a book swap AS WELL as leading some sing alongs of well known songs. (I repeat–I will NOT be singing.)
- Julie Sakariason Romero will be hosting a recipe swap–excited to see what you all bring!
- Nathan Soule will be teaching a “Chain Mail” jewelry workshop–if you have needle nosed pliers, bring them! All other supplies will be provided.
- And, once again, we look forward to Social Hour hosted by Deb Weiner Soule and Nancy Meyer (with beer from Smuttynose Brewing Company) and paid for by your generous donations!
- Moreover, we eagerly anticipate the Silent Auction (bring something upon which others will bid to help raise funds for the Pel Reunion Scholarship Fund)–if you forget, the Shops on Star now offer GIFT CERTIFICATES!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Yankee Swap (bring a Star-themed “gift” valued between $10 and $20 to exchange with your fellow conferees). Again….if you forget, there are GIFT CERTIFICATES available!
Minister of the Week
Our Minister of the Weekend, the Rev. Robin Bartlett, Pastor at the First Church in Sterling, MA, will conduct candlelight chapels in the evenings as well as a children’s chapel. We will be sharing a Chapel with Star Gathering (formerly LAITY) on Friday night, as well.
$40/adults (18+), $20/youth (under 18) received by August 15, ($80, and $40 thereafter) PLEASE register by August 15, to allow planning for the BEST PIT Programs Ever!
We really want you to come join us. If money is the only thing keeping you away, scholarship aid is available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Room & Board Rates
These rates include lodging, meals, and ferry transportation.
|Pel Reunion||Standard Shared||Standard Single||Motel Shared||Motel Single|
Youth rates are determined by age on the first day of the program, regardless of room type.
|Pel Reunion||Under 6||6-11 Yrs||12-17 Yrs|
Please reference the official boat times at Star Island’s website at http://starisland.org/boat-schedule/
Friday, September 1
Departure: Portsmouth 12:55 p.m.
Arrival: Star Island 1:55 p.m.
Saturday, September 2
Departure: Portsmouth 9:25 a.m.
Arrival: Star Island 10:25 a.m.
Sunday, September 3
Departure: Challenger from Portsmouth 9:25 a.m.
Arrival: Star Island 11:25 a.m.
Departure: Challenger from Star Island 12:00 p.m.
Monday, September 4
Departure: Star Island 1:15 p.m.
Arrival: Portsmouth 2:45 p.m.
Contact Matt Baya, Registrar at email@example.com