Pelican Reunion Conference Chair
PR CHAIR MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a Conference Theme
- Engage a Minister of the Weekend.
- Invite speakers and workshop presenters
- Prepare Star Island Corporation (SIC) Blue Brochure text (October/November)
- Work with Steering Committee subcommittees to promote the conference via website, list serves, Twitter, Facebook and other new media
- Line-up volunteers
- Attend Pelican Reunion Steering Committee meetings (Fall/Spring)
- Attend SIC Chairs and Registrars meeting (February) with the PR Registrar
- Create weekend schedule.
- Work with island conference services staff on room scheduling and for any extra island requests (morning coffee, PIT snacks, bon fire, etc.)
- Coordinate with Laity staff on programming and shared events/resources
- With the conference treasurer, authorize conference reimbursements
- Participate on the Steering Committee the year before your conference, the year of, the year after
Money to run programming is raised from conference registration fees that are charged to each attendee, including children. These monies pay for expenses beyond the R&B provided by the SIC (e.g morning coffee, conference services support for lectures/workshops, social hours, all paid conference staff including PIT crew staff, etc.). The budget for the conference is approximately $2500. You will work closely with the PR Treasurer and Steering Committee Chair to monitor the budget and they will authorize any extraordinary expenses.
The year after your conference,
- Help support incoming conference Chair
- With the PR Steering Committee chair, represent the conference at the Council of Conferences meetings.